Monday - Tuesday
8.30 am - 1.00 pm
2.00 pm - 5.30 pm
8.30 am - 1.00 pm
2.00 pm - 7.00 pm
Thursday - Friday
8.30 am - 2.30 pm
Our Good Practice award membership
The British Dental Association Good Practice Scheme Award ensures a nationally agreed standard of good practice and patient care.
Hipperholme Dental Practice is proud to have been awarded membership of the scheme which has to be revalidated annually.
What this means for you:
- Each dentist and every staff member in our practice has made a personal commitment to quality dentistry.
- We aim to provide dental care of a consistently good quality for all our patients. We have management systems in place to help us and these define each practice member's responsibilities when looking after you.
- We will work with you to provide care that meets your needs and wishes. We will explain options and costs so that you can make an informed choice. We will always explain what we are proposing to do and tell you about any significant risks.
- Practice working methods are regularly reviewed at staff meetings. We encourage staff to make suggestions for improving the way that we care for our patients.
- We look after your general health and safety while receiving dental care. We will ask you about your general health and about any medicines that you are taking. This helps us to treat you safely. We keep all information about you confidential.
- Infection control and cleanliness is also essential to the safety of our patients. All staff working in the practice receive training on current standards of infection control.
- We screen all patients for mouth cancer at routine checkups. We discuss tobacco and alcohol use because they increase the risk of oral cancer.
- All staff in the practice take part in continuing professional education to keep our skills and knowledge up to date.
- All staff joining the practice are given training in practice procedures. Once a year there is an individual review of training needs for everyone in the practice.
- We regularly ask patients for their views on our services. We have systems for dealing promptly with complaints and for ensuring that lessons are learnt from any mistakes that we make. We encourage feedback.
- Every member of the practice is aware of the need to work safely under General Dental Council guidelines.